VoiceGuy

This is home to the VoiceGuy Podcast, hosted by Eric Armstrong. It's also his professional blog on vocal coaching, voice teaching, dialect, accent, Shakespeare text, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Just spent the evening reading Progress Reports from my students. I am amazed at the courage acting takes and where we must go to truly find our creative selves. Reading my student's writing on their process has really inspired me to believe in the value of the training of actors and how acting, voice and body work, though separate, can really come together and change people's lives. These students are remarkably different from where they were three months ago.

And Failure is such an important part of the process. It's the kind of struggle that is so important - in learning and discovering how acting works, and doesn't work - and makes all the difference in someone's career as a student, and ultimately, as a working professional. Failure hurts, but it doesn't kill. It changes you, and shows you your fears, and the issues that are holding you back. It's a signpost showing you where you need to go next.

My students are brave people. They inspire me to want to be a better teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home