VoiceGuy

This is home to the VoiceGuy Podcast, hosted by Eric Armstrong. It's also his professional blog on vocal coaching, voice teaching, dialect, accent, Shakespeare text, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, November 29, 2004

I've been contemplating a podcast concept - doing some kind of regular radio program that I would post to a blog, like this one. It's very odd, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how best to do this. I imagine that I could probably insert links to mp3 files somewhere and then there could be audio associated with my blog. But a true podcast is done using an RSS feed, and I really haven't a clue how to do that.

Life right now is very busy with grading student projects, such as transcriptions and process reports, though today I spent mostly watching the boys and listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on audiobook (on my iPod). What with all the jobs that I inherited at the VASTA Board meeting in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and with the end of term it is a hectic time. Add to that a new dialect coaching gig at Geva Theatre, and it's going to be a challenge to start to do this more than once every 8 months. But I'd like to try to do this more often, to see how it works for me. I imagine it like a professional Artist's Way exploration. Maybe my blog can be my Morning pages.

I always hated Morning Pages, when I tried to do The Artist's Way. They tended to make me very angry. Spent a lot of time being bummed about all the things I wasn't doing, rather than the things I was doing. Maybe there is a way to change that.

Amy just called to remind me that I have to get Benny to swimming in an hour, and I have to make dinner and feed them before we go... So here ends my blog entry for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home